1. The NCEIA (North Coast Entertainment Industry Association) Dolphin Awards are coming around again for 2018. Now is the time to get your creativity sparked, write and record some songs and enter when the time arrives. There’s great prizes, a nice chunky award to take home and some cool local musicians involved who are wonderful.
You’ve got some time up your sleeve! (if you do singing lessons with me (or another amazing human) we can always utilise this time to stir your songwriting bones, record and fine tune your ideas).
I believe this is open to all ages, many genres and to residents and people who identify as North Coasters.
Historically, this will be turning on it’s engines in September 2018.I was their guest graphic designer last year 🙂 NCEIA warmly welcome volunteers if you wish to be involved.
2. The Mullum Music Festival Mentorship Program entries are open for this years awesome festival, and yours truly is the mentor for the Youth Vocal Category. I’m sitting with some pretty god damn hot company, with artists: William Crighton, Lior, & Husky.
This one is for artists under 21 years old. You’re in the running to win awesome stuff and a gig at Mullumbimby Music Festival.Apps close October 26.
I’m also playing a solo gig at Mullum Fest which I’m pretty excited about 🙂 Mullum Music Fest: November 15-18th
3. Preparations have begun for Summersong Music Camp in January 2019. This is a week long immersion into music classes, choir, community in a stunning retreat near Murwillumbah. I have been attending and involved for around ten years and I will be teaching a new class there this year.
This is open for young adults and adults from all walks of life with no specific musical abilities other than a passion to be musical. This is an extremely creative explosion for your heart and soul and I can’t speak highly enough about it.
Summersong Music Camp: 14 – 20 January 2019
4. I have a solo gig at the Newkulele Festival! If you’re in Newcastle and you like the idea of ukulele’s, come smile and tap your feet! Sunday October 21st 2018
5. I’m not involved in this in any way, but I’m excited to see that The Seed Fund Workshop is back after a hiatus last year. This is a workshop for aspiring musicians, artists and managers. It’s a supremely incredible arts project that is worthy of checking out. Apps Close Monday 15th October 2018
ok. So, these aren’t in chronological order. They’re not in any order. They’re just in a ‘Hey, check this out if you want’ order.